Surviving the end of the world is the theme of this interview. Doomsday News is a survival blog for preppers, survivalists or anyone with an interest in getting the skills to survive a major catastrophe.
Interview Question Answers:
1. Why did you choose to be a blogger?
To bring the preparedness conversation to the mainstream. Survivalists in the past have been given a bad rap. Unfairly in my opinion. As really it’s good people just doing basic stuff that we should all be doing. Preparing for a major incident that could change the way they live.
2. How would you make blogging a full time job?
By getting more people to read my blog
3. When did you realize that blogging could become full time for you?
Blogging is still a passion for me. Hopefully the day will come when the passion becomes a business. I’m just happy spreading the word and hopefully a few people might learn something new.
4. What was the turning point when you realized that you could make money from your blog?
I’m interested in reading all sorts of different material. For example. I read Pat Flynn’s blog about smart passive income. In these hard economic times, it’s good to understand other ways to earn an income. Blogging can be that.
5. What is the most important lesson to be learned for a beginner that is going to monetize their blog?
Build quality content that will teach and inform. It’s pointless producing crap, as you’re audience will leave in droves or won’t bother reading what you have to say. Your audience are like customers, they’ll spread the word when they like it and spread it even more so when they think it’s terrible.
6. What do you think would be the best investment to increase your profitability?
Social media by far. Social media platforms like facebook help you reach your audience quicker than any other way that I can imagine
7. Do you ever experiment with different ways of monetizing?
No at this stage, I’m just relying on advertising. However, I’m looking at different ways to monetize the blog. Perhaps by publishing a book.
8.What will change the blogging landscape in the next few years?
Google is making it harder to rank, so social media will play a bigger part in developing your audience. Content is king and I believe it will become increasingly important t have quality content that is socially shared